Before picture. I’ve practiced a tiny bit of soldering, like maybe ten hours over ten years. I was totally prepared for this to not work.
After picture. I tested all connections with a multi-meter (first time doing that!) and I was surprised to see that all connections looked fine. Also managed to upload some code to it. Awesome!
Then I tried to figure out what pin does what in the “documentation” and then I gave up. Still call this a victory. I’ll probably go back to do something fun with the atmega328 chips instead. :)
Next soldering thing will probably be fixing one of my Kinesis keyboards to use Teensy, or… well… I kind of got a special 555 timer on the way. I’m stoked about it, and I’m looking forward to sharing that project when it’s done.